TERMS OF GYM USE AND WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS AGREEMENT
VH Rock Gym LLC dba The Gravity Vault
333 Preston Ave., Voorhees, NJ 08043
THE GRAVITY VAULT POLICIES
The Gravity Vault reserves the right to add or change The Gravity Vault policies from time to time. Any such addition or change to these policies will be posted in the lobby of The Gravity Vault. Climbers and others using The Gravity Vault are required to inform themselves of new rules or rule changes.
- All customers MUST check in at the front desk.
- All customers must sign a Waiver and Release of Claims Agreement.
- Parents/Legal Guardians/Group Leaders are responsible for the behavior of their children/wards while at The Gravity Vault.
- Climbers/Spectators are not permitted to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The Gravity Vault staff has the right to revoke climbing privileges either temporarily or permanently for unsafe or inappropriate behavior.
- Memberships/Subscriptions are non-transferable.
- The Gravity Vault is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen property while in or on the premises, parking lots or other areas within the vicinity of The Gravity Vault.
- No hard sole shoes are allowed on the padded carpet.
- Please pick-up after yourself and help to keep a clean environment for yourself and others.
- All customers and guests must follow all coronavirus-related protocols imposed by The Gravity Vault, including, but not limited to the recommended use of masks (unless mandated by a government or health agency), use of sanitizing products and social distancing.
- Climber safety is a shared responsibility.
- All climbers interested in belaying must pass a belay test administered by The Gravity Vault staff at the beginning of their visit, prior to starting climbing.
- All climbers who have passed their belay test will receive an Auto Belay orientation to be administered by The Gravity Vault Staff.
- All climbers using the facility without the assistance of a staff member must receive a bouldering orientation administered by The Gravity Vault staff.
- Climbers must tie in using the rewoven figure eight knot with a double fisherman's backup knot.
- In addition to the belay test, all lead climbers and belayers of lead climbers must pass a lead test administered by The Gravity Vault staff.
- Belayers must belay from their harness and not from a fixed anchor point.
- Allowable belay devices are The Gravity Vault provided Gri-Gri's only.
- No sitting or lying down while belaying.
- Route setting shall be performed only by those authorized by The Gravity Vault.
AGREEMENT (1) FOR ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RISK, (2) FOR WAIVER, DISCLAIMER, AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY, (3) NOT TO SUE AND (4) FOR INDEMNITY
I, on behalf of myself (or if signing on behalf of a child or children, on behalf of such child or children) and on behalf of my (or my minor's) heirs, personal representatives, spouse, next of kin, successors and assigns, hereby understand, acknowledge, and voluntarily agree with The Gravity Vault, its shareholders, members, owners, officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors, insurers and/or landlords, and each of their respective successors and assigns (hereinafter collectively the "GYM") as follows:
CLIMBING IS AN INHERENTLY HAZARDOUS AND DANGEROUS ACTIVITY AND INVOLVES BOTH INHERENT AND EXTRINSIC, AND BOTH NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL RISKS THAT MAY RESULT IN ALL MANNER OF HARM, LOSS, DAMAGE, PROPERTY DAMAGE, SERIOUS PERSONAL INJURIES, ILLNESS, OR DEATH TO ME AND/OR OTHERS FROM, FOR EXAMPLE, (a) FALLS FROM THE CLIMBING SURFACE ONTO THE FLOOR, ROCK SURFACE, PROJECTIONS OR OTHER OBJECTS, (b) FALLING ONTO OTHERS PRESENT, (c) CLIMBERS OR OTHER OBJECTS (SUCH AS ROPES, HOLDS OR HARDWARE) FALLING ONTO ME, (d) IMPROPER USE, INSTALLATION OR MAINTENANCE OF GEAR, EQUIPMENT AND/OR APPARATUSES, (e) GEAR AND EQUIPMENT DEFECTS OR MALFUNCTION, (f) FAILURE TO FOLLOW PROPER CLIMBING AND/OR BELAY PROCEDURES, (g) IMPROPER OR INSUFFICIENT TRAINING, SUPERVISION AND/OR INSTRUCTION, (h) ROPE ABRASION AND/OR ENTANGLEMENT, (i) CUTS AND ABRASIONS RESULTING FROM SKIN CONTACT WITH THE CLIMBING WALL, AND (j) FAILURE OF ROPES, SLINGS, BOLTS, CHAINS, CLIMBING HARDWARE, ANCHOR POINTS, OR ANY PART OF THE CLIMBING WALL STRUCTURE. I fully and completely acknowledge that the above list and descriptions are not all of the risks associated with use of and presence in the GYM, and that the above list in no way limits the extent or scope of this Agreement.
I have an obligation and responsibility to myself, as well as to other users of the GYM to conduct myself in a safe manner. I will not use the GYM while under the influence of drugs or alcohol or while suffering from or experiencing any other condition that might impair me.
I am responsible for checking, ensuring and maintaining the safety and safe operating condition of any and all equipment, gear, or apparel (including, but not limited to, anchors, ropes, carabiners, belay devices, harnesses and/or shoes) that I may utilize while present in or using the GYM regardless of where or from whom I may have obtained such equipment, gear, or apparel. I use and accept those items "as is" and use them at MY OWN RISK.
I HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE FOREVER, THE GYM, AS DEFINED ON PAGE 2 OF THIS DOCUMENT, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, OR CAUSES OF ACTION WHATSOEVER, FOR ANY HARM, LOSS, DAMAGE, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURIES, ILLNESS, OR DEATH, DUE TO ANY NEGLIGENCE, GROSS NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER CAUSE (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE NEGLIGENCE OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE OF THE GYM, OR ITS EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS OR AGENTS, OR OTHERWISE) RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH MY PRESENCE IN OR USE OF THE GYM.
I HEREBY AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE GYM, AS DEFINED ON PAGE 2 OF THIS DOCUMENT, FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM, CAUSE OF ACTION, LIABILITY OR JUDGMENT RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH MY PRESENCE IN AND/OR USE OF THE GYM, ITS FACILITIES, GEAR, EQUIPMENT, OR APPARATUSES.
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and the use of masks.
The Gravity Vault has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, we cannot guarantee that customer or guests will not become infected with COVID-19.
I hereby acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I or my children) may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending the GYM and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the GYM may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, employees, agents, guests or other customers of the Gravity Vault.
WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMS INVOLVING COVID-19 OR OTHER ILLNESS, I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THIS RELEASE INCLUDES ANY CLAIMS BASED ON THE ACTIONS, OMISSIONS, OR NEGLIGENCE OF THE GYM, ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES, WHETHER SUCH INFECTION OR ILLNESS OCCURS BEFORE, DURING, OR AFTER PARTICIPATION IN ANY GYM PROGRAM.
I UNDERSTAND THAT BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT I AND ANY OF MY CHILDREN/WARDS WHO I AM SIGNING FOR SHALL HAVE (a) NO CLAIMS WHATSOEVER AGAINST, (b) HAVE NO RIGHT TO SUE, AND (c) HAVE NO RIGHT TO RECOVER ANY DAMAGES OR OTHER COMPENSATION FROM THE GYM, AS DEFINED ON PAGE 2 OF THIS DOCUMENT.
The GYM, as defined on page 2 of this document, shall have no responsibility for lost, damaged or stolen property while in or on the premises, or parking lots or in other areas within the vicinity of the GYM.
If any term or provision hereof is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the invalid, illegal or unenforceable term or provision shall be stricken only to the minimal extent necessary, and the remaining terms and provisions hereof shall remain unimpaired. No provision hereof can be waived except expressly in writing signed by the GYM.
I REPRESENT AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE FULLY READ THIS AGREEMENT, AND HAVE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO ASK QUESTIONS. I FULLY UNDERSTAND EACH AND EVERY TERM. I AM VOLUNTARILY EXECUTING THIS AGREEMENT. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT THIS AGREEMENT HAS NO EXPIRATION DATE.