GRAVITY VAULT POLICIES
Gravity Vault reserves the right to add or change its policies from time to time. Any such addition or change to these policies will be posted on the premises. Climbers and others using the Gravity Vault facilities are required to inform themselves of new rules or rule changes.
- All participants and spectators MUST check in at the front desk.
- All participants and spectators must sign a Waiver and Release of Claims Agreement.
- Minors younger than 18 years must have their Waiver and Release of Claims Agreement signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Parents/Legal Guardians/Group Leaders are responsible for the behavior of their children/wards while at The Gravity Vault.
- Climbers/Spectators are not permitted to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The Gravity Vault staff has the right to revoke climbing privileges either temporarily or permanently for unsafe or inappropriate behavior, at Gravity Vault's sole discretion.
- Memberships/Subscriptions are non-transferable.
- The Gravity Vault is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen property while in or on the premises, parking lots or other areas within the vicinity of The Gravity Vault.
- No hard-soled shoes are allowed on the padded carpet.
- Please pick-up after yourself and help to keep a clean environment for yourself and others.
- All customers and guests must follow all coronavirus/COVID-19-related protocols imposed by Gravity Vault and state and local authorities, including, but not limited to the policies regarding the wearing of masks, use of sanitizing products and social distancing. At Gravity Vault's sole discretion, persons not following these protocols will be excluded from the premises.
- Climber safety is a shared responsibility.
- All climbers interested in belaying must pass a belay test administered by The Gravity Vault staff at the beginning of their visit, prior to starting climbing.
- AllClimbers who have passed their belay test will receive an Auto Belay orientation to be administered by The Gravity Vault Staff.
- All climbers using the facility without the assistance of a staff member must receive a bouldering orientation administered by The Gravity Vault staff.
- Climbers must tie in using the rewoven figure eight knot with a double overhand backup knot.
- In addition to the belay test, all lead climbers and belayers of lead climbers must pass a lead test administered by The Gravity Vault staff.
- Belayers must belay from their harness and not from a fixed anchor point.
- Allowable belay devices are The Gravity Vault provided Gri-Gri's only.
- No sitting or lying down while belaying.
- Route setting shall be performed only by those authorized by The Gravity Vault.
AIRPORT SPORTS CENTER CODE OF CONDUCT
- No rowdy or noisy behavior
- No screeching of tires, "blasting" music from vehicles or honking of horns (except for emergency purposes) in the parking lot or along the entire length of the private driveway leading to the recreational facility.
- Do not exceed 10 miles per hour along airport roadway.
- No loitering in or around the building, parking areas, outdoor fields, and entire length of airport roadway.
- No outside alcohol allowed and no consumption of alcohol outside of the designated areas within the building.
- No public intoxication.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RISK, WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT – GRAVITY VAULT MARIN
I, on behalf of myself (and if signing on behalf of a child or children, on behalf of such child or children) and on behalf of my (and my child's) heirs, personal representatives, spouse, next of kin, successors and assigns, hereby understand, acknowledge, and voluntarily agree with Marin Climbing LLC dba Gravity Vault Marin, Rock Climbing Franchising LLC, The Gravity Vault LLC, and all their affiliates and subsidiaries, shareholders, members, owners, officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors, volunteers, insurers, landowners, and landlords, and each of their respective successors and assigns (hereinafter collectively "Gravity Vault") as follows:
CLIMBING IS A HAZARDOUS AND DANGEROUS ACTIVITY THAT INVOLVES INHERENT AND OTHER RISKS, BOTH NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL, THAT MAY RESULT IN ALL MANNER OF HARM, LOSS, DAMAGE, PROPERTY DAMAGE, SERIOUS PERSONAL INJURIES, AND/OR DEATH TO ME AND/OR OTHERS. These risks include, but are not limited to: (a) falls from the climbing surface onto the padded or unpadded floor, rock surface, projections, or other objects; (b) falling onto others present; (c) climbers or other objects (such as ropes, holds, or hardware) falling onto me; (d) improper use, installation, or maintenance of gear, equipment, and/or apparatuses; (e) malfunction or defects of gear and equipment; (f) failure by participants, including me, to follow proper climbing and/or belay procedures; (g) improper or insufficient training, supervision, or instruction of myself and others; (h) rope abrasion and/or entanglement; (i) cuts and abrasions resulting from skin contact with the climbing wall or other equipment; (j) failure of equipment including but not limited to ropes, slings, bolts, chains, climbing hardware, anchor points, mats, and any part of the climbing wall structure. I fully and completely acknowledge that the above list and descriptions are representative examples and that this list does not encompass all of the risks associated with indoor climbing, my participation in the Gravity Vault activities, and my use of and presence in the Gravity Vault facilities, and that the above list in no way limits the extent or scope of this Agreement.
I acknowledge that my participation in Gravity Vault activities, including but not limited to indoor climbing, and presence in the Gravity Vault facilities is entirely voluntary, and involves inherent and other risks, hazards and dangers. Despite those risks and dangers and in consideration for being allowed to participate in the Gravity Vault activities and enter the facilities, I AGREE TO ASSUME ALL RISKS AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY HARM, LOSS, DAMAGE, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY, ILLNESS, OR DEATH TO ME OR MY CHILD RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF, OR ANY WAY RELATING TO MY USE OF OR PRESENCE IN GRAVITY VAULT'S FACILITIES, GEAR, EQUIPMENT, CLIMBING WALLS AND EQUIPMENT.
RISK OF EXPOSURE TO CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19: The novel coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19 ("COVID-19") outbreak has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly through close contact from person-to-person. The risk of transmitting or contracting COVID-19 exists wherever people have been or are present. Federal, state, and local governments and health agencies have recommended vaccination, social distancing and the use of masks, and those recommendations are evolving.
Gravity Vault Marin has put in place preventative measures to mitigate exposure to and the spread of COVID-19; however, I understand that Gravity Vault cannot guarantee that customers or guests will not become infected with COVID-19.
I hereby acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I or my children may be exposed to or contract COVID-19 by attending Gravity Vault activities and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death to myself or others. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at Gravity Vault may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including but not limited to employees, agents, guests or other customers of Gravity Vault.
I understand that I have an obligation and responsibility to myself, as well as to other users of Gravity Vault, to conduct myself in a safe manner. I will not use Gravity Vault facilities while under the influence of drugs or alcohol or while suffering from or experiencing any other condition that might impair me. If I am experiencing any of these conditions, it is my responsibility to stop participating and consult a medical provider if necessary.
I understand that I am solely responsible for checking, ensuring and maintaining the safety and safe operating condition of any and all equipment, gear, or apparel (including, but not limited to, anchors, ropes, carabiners, belay devices, harnesses and/or shoes) that I may utilize while present in or using Gravity Vault facilities regardless of where or from whom I may have obtained such equipment, gear, or apparel. I use and accept those items "as is" and use them at MY OWN RISK.
I HEREBY AGREE, ON BEHALF OF MYSELF, MY CHILD, MY HEIRS, AND MY REPRESENTATIVES, NEVER TO SUE AND TO WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE FOREVER GRAVITY VAULT FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, OR CAUSES OF ACTION WHATSOEVER, FOR ANY HARM, LOSS, DAMAGE, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURIES, ILLNESS OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH MY PRESENCE IN OR USE OF GRAVITY VAULT FACILITIES, DUE TO ANY CAUSE, INCLUDING THE ALLEGED OR ACTUAL NEGLIGENCE OF GRAVITY VAULT.
I HEREBY AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS GRAVITY VAULT from and against any and all claims, causes of action, liabilities or judgments resulting from, arising out of, or in connection with my participation in the Gravity Vault activities and/or my presence in the Gravity Vault facilities, including my use of its gear, equipment, or apparatuses. By executing this Agreement, I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California that I am only doing so for myself and/or on behalf of persons for whom I have authority to execute. In the event that I execute this Agreement on behalf of another person, and in the event that person brings a claim against Gravity Vault, I AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS GRAVITY VAULT with respect to that claim, as set forth herein.
I understand and agree that this agreement is severable and that if any clause is found to be invalid, the balance of the contract will remain in effect and will be valid and enforceable. I agree that any action involving the Gravity Vault activities, use of the facilities, or this Agreement will be brought in the courts having jurisdiction over Marin County, California, and any disputes will be subject to and determined under the laws of the State of California.
I REPRESENT AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE FULLY READ THIS AGREEMENT, HAVE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO ASK QUESTIONS, AND AM VOLUNTARILY EXECUTING THIS AGREEMENT.
I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT THIS AGREEMENT HAS NO EXPIRATION DATE AND WILL APPLY WHENEVER I AM AT THE GRAVITY VAULT PREMISES OR ENGAGE IN ACTIVITIES WITH GRAVITY VAULT.